In Sage 50cloud Accounts you can send reports and layouts by email through Microsoft Outlook or webmail. You can use the Email Defaults option to apply email settings to multiple documents at once.
The very first time you want to email a document from Sage 50cloud Accounts, you must configure your default email settings. You only need to do this once.
Let's go through the three step process. Click the links below to expand the information you need.
1 - Set your email provider
To set email defaults, click on the email provider you are using below for the relevant steps.
You can then apply the email settings by following the steps below.
- In Sage 50cloud Accounts, click Settings, then click Email Defaults.
- In the Email Program drop-down click Microsoft Office Outlook.
- Take a layouts only backup.
- On the menu bar click Settings, click Email Defaults then in the Email Program drop-down click Webmail.
- In the Email Provider drop-down click your email provider, or if not listed click Other.
- Under Sender Details enter the required display name and email address.
- If you chose Other in step 2, under Server Details enter the server details for your email provider.
TIP: You can obtain your server details from your IT administrator, your email provider's website or by searching the Internet. You can test these settings from within Report Designer. Read more >
- Under Login Details, if you'll always be logged in to your webmail when emailing documents, click Use logged-on user details. Alternatively, to enter your user and password details, click Use Username and password.
2 - Apply Email Settings
After setting up the email defaults, you can then click the required tab, for example Invoice, then apply your email settings.
Select which email address you want the layouts to use as follows:
Select which email address you want the layouts to be copied to.
Select the subject of the email as follows:
Send information in the body of the email, not as an attachment
To show the layout in the body of the email rather than an attachment, click this check box.
To send the layout as an attachment, click PDF, HTML, Excel or Text.
If sending the layout as an attachment, choose the required filename.
If your attachment is a PDF file, to add a password click Yes - From Customer / Supplier Record. Alternatively, if you don't want to apply a password, click No.
Not available in Sage Instant Accounts or Sage 50 Accounts Essentials
Sending Options (Microsoft Outlook only)
Click Send Immediately.
3 - Save your changes
Once you've applied the email settings to the required areas, you can save your changes, selecting which layouts to apply the email settings to.
- Click Apply.
- Select the check box for each layout you want to apply the email settings to.
- Click OK.
4 - Troubleshooting
If you experience any issues when emailing your document, you can follow our troubleshooting guide to resolve your issue. Read more >
TIP: Reports and layouts are sent using the default profile if you use Microsoft outlook, or from the email address you specify in SMTP settings if you use webmail. Read more >