Importing key details
Employees are imported into Sage HR Online Services the first time you upload payslips or upload historical payslips for that employee. This creates an employee profile for them in Sage HR Online Services, and also sends them a welcome email.
Four key details are imported across from Sage 50cloud Payroll into Sage HR Online Services when payslips are uploaded:
- First name
- Last name
- Work email address
- Employment start date
To ensure these details match with Sage 50cloud Payroll, these fields are locked once imported and can't be changed within Sage HR Online Services. Any changes to these four fields must be made in Sage 50cloud Payroll which updates in Sage HR Online Services each time you publish payslips.
NOTE: If you need to change or correct an employee's email address you must follow the steps in this alternative guide - Read more >
TIP: Can you add an employee manually in Sage HR Online Services? - Read more >
We recommend to add an employee into Sage HR Online Services by uploading payslips. However it is possible to add them manually in Sage HR Online Services, for example you may need to create their Sage HR profile but you don't have any payslips yet to upload from Sage 50cloud Payroll. Their profile will then link with their Sage 50cloud Payroll employee record the first time you upload their payslips. For more information about your options to add an employee into Sage HR Online Services - Read more >
Importing additional employee information
Additional information, which is anything other than the four key details mentioned earlier, you can import using a report.
- To export information from Sage 50cloud Payroll - Read more >
- To import additional employee information into Sage HR Online Services - Read more >
Setting up Sage HR Online Services? Next Steps
- You can now start using Sage HR Online Services. Visit our Help Centre for guides on how to use this payslips portal - Visit Hub >
- You can customise your Sage HR Online Services - Read more >
- Provide the Sage HR Online Services Employee Guide to your employees, which provides them help on how to set up their access and use Sage HR Online Services.
- If you want to delay employees being able to log in to Sage HR Online Services, you can temporarily disable their access - Read more >
Did this help?
We're always looking to improve our content based on your feedback so if you found this guide helpful, you can easily let me know by using the options below.
Benefits for your employees above and beyond their payslips
We want to help your business where we can. That's why we're offering Sage Employee Benefits for free to Sage customers for the first three months.