Sage 50 Payroll v29 includes both the new legislation for the 2023/2024 tax year, and the legislation for 2022/2023 and prior.
You can manually download and install Sage 50 Payroll year end update, or install via the automatic update prompt when you open your software, following the steps below.
NOTE: Find out what to do if you see error: 'The resource loader failed to find the MUI file' when you install using auto update.
Before you install v29
We recommend that you carry out the preparation steps below.
- Check your antivirus software to avoid conflicts with Sage 50 Payroll >
- Check the system requirements for Sage 50 Payroll >
What's different this year?
It's still really easy to install the latest version of payroll. We've enhanced this by adding an automatic admin rights check, to ensure the installer can create and update all files and folders that your software needs to run.
After you install your update, you have two icons on your desktop. Software name and icon change in Sage 50 Payroll >
Install the automatic update
- Right-click the Sage 50 Payroll icon.
- Click Run as Administrator.
- Checking for updates appear with the available update. Click Install.
- The update downloads to your computer.
TIP: If a prompt asks if you'd like to allow the app to make changes to your device. Click Yes.
- Check the licence information, and when you're ready click Accept Licence.
- The installer checks for an existing installation to upgrade, and confirms the location. Make a note this path.
- Right-click your Sage 50 Payroll icon on your desktop and click Open file location.
- Check the location of this folder matches the path you noted earlier.
- If these match, click Yes and your installation begins.
- If these don't match, click No, then click Yes and browse to the correct location of your installation.
- Select Payroll.exe then click Open. Your installation begins.
- Once the installation is complete we recommended you save any work and restart your computer.
- Enable background updates >
Congratulations! You've now installed the Sage 50 Payroll year end update, check out what's new in Sage 50 Payroll v29 >
You're now ready to move onto step 2 to prepare for payroll year end >