As per the Sage 200 Product Terms (click on Product Resources), access to:
- the portal and
- to demonstration and test sites
within the Sage Provisioning Portal are granted with certain usage limits and parameters. Full details are below:
Partner responsibilities for maintaining accounts and data in Sage Provisioning Portal
- A nominated Partner Administrator user must hold overall access.
- The nominated Partner Administration user must have a registered business email address as the login. Failure to hold a valid email address as your online administrator will result in the site being suspended until this is corrected.
- The Partner Administrator is responsible for adding new users and removing those who no longer require access. This includes removing users who may no longer work for the partner.
- Each user that has access to the partner account and any site within it (including those of customers), is to have a valid business email address. Some email providers are not permitted. This includes, but is not limited to, Yopmail and Mailinator accounts, which will be suspended and deleted without notice. Personal email addresses should not be used in any circumstances.
NOTE: Sage employees will not set up users beyond the initial administration user.
- Partners are responsible for the managing of customer accounts within their partner account. This includes the notification to Sage as per our cancellation process of customer accounts which are no longer required, updating customer account details, adding and removing site attributes, as well as creating customer sites.
- Partners are encouraged to ensure customers are self-sufficient in managing their own sites in the same manner as partners are responsible for their own sites. Partners should only set up the initial Administration user for customers.
- Where available, partners may only use the Staging
1rate plan for customer set up for a maximum of 30 days. From 01 May 2019, Sage Provisioning Portal will automatically change you to a Chargeable rate plan from day 31. Further information can be found here.
- Your contract start date is effective from the point the terms and conditions are accepted by customers. We will not realign the dates.
- Partners should only hold logins as a ‘partner type’ user. They should not create ‘customer type’ users.
- Ensure your users only have access to the partner roles required, choices available are; Partner Administrator, Partner Operations Agent , Partner Support Agent.
- Ensure prompt removal of individuals who have changed role within the partner organisation, or who have left.
- Ensure that the site administrator conducts regularly site audits.
- Ensure that the necessary internal processes for site access, audits and user removal are in place.
1 Applicable to Sage 200 Extra Online only.
2 You may create an email alias as a customer (e.g. [email protected] to use with your Sage 200 Professional via the Sage Provisioning Portal. This is the only circumstance in which this is acceptable.
Sage 200 Standard test and demonstration sites
- Minimum accreditation levels must be held and maintained for all users for 'Sage 200 - Getting Started', available via Sage University. Failure to adhere to accreditation rules will result in access to create new sites being suspended.
- Partner test sites may be created once minimum accreditation levels have been achieved. You will be unable to create a test site until this accreditation is in place as the option for 'Sage 200 Standard' will not be added to your portal account.
- Partner test and demonstration sites are subject to a monthly subscription at a discounted rate. No more than one site is permitted per product variant e.g. Standard and Education. Please refer to our pricing calculator for more information.
- The naming structure the site should be 'DEMO [partner name] Standard'.
- Additional companies are permitted up to a maximum of three companies in total. You are free to delete companies and recreate them as and when needed up to and including this limit.
- Additional users – the product includes 3 desktop & 2 connected users. At our discretion we may increase the users following a conversation with our Partner Enablement team.
- Customer data must not be restored into any demonstration sites at any time. If the site is for testing purposes only you must have your own robust policies in place to remove any customer data once the testing is concluded – this is for customers with active contracts only. Should a customer have any security related questions we will direct them to our Security FAQ and to their linked partner to outline any additional processes.
- Where possible create an additional company within the customers structure to test. Try & establish any replicable steps without the data in your test site first.
Sage 200 Extra Online test and demonstration sites
- Minimum accreditation must be held and maintained for Sage Provisioning Portal Parts 1 & 2 or for the 'Sage 200 - Getting Started', available via Sage University.
- Partner test and demonstration sites are subject to a monthly subscription at a discounted rate. No more than one site is permitted per product variant . Please refer to our pricing calculator for more information.
- Database size is capped at 1GB. Any sites over this data limit will be subject to a £10/GB per month charge. It is the partner's responsibility to maintain their own awareness of database size limits and take action where necessary to reduce this. No credits will be issued as a result of databases exceeding the size limit.
- The naming structure the site should be 'DEMO [partner name] Extra Online'.
- Customer data must not be restored into any database on test and demonstration sites at any time.
- Demo sites are chargeable – please refer to our pricing calculator for more information.
Sage 200 Professional test and demonstration sites
- Participation in the Sage Partner Cloud Program is subject to the Sage Partner Cloud agreement, please speak to your account manager before applying.
- No access to sell or create demo sites will be permitted without the agreement and pre-requisites being met.
- Minimum accreditation levels must be held and maintained for all Partner Portal users for '200UK – Sage Partner Cloud', available via Sage University. Failure to adhere to accreditation rules will result in access to create new sites being suspended.
- Partner test sites may be created once minimum accreditation levels have been achieved. You will be unable to create a test site until this accreditation is in place as the option for 'Sage 200 Professional' will not be added to your portal account.
- Partner test and demonstration sites for Sage Partner Cloud are currently provided free of charge in terms of the Sage 200 Professional Licence, you will be charged hosting fees from your CSP.
- No more than one site is permitted per product variant e.g. Standard, Education and Professional .
- The naming structure the site should be 'DEMO [partner name] Professional SPC'.
- Partners are responsible for ensuring that they have the relevant licensing for all additional components e.g. Windows, AVD and/or Office components.
- Sage 200 Professional via Sage Provisioning Portal: Licence entitlement
- All available modules can be selected
- Companies: 999 available (data charges from Microsoft apply)
- Users: Desktop and connected users will be determined by the number of individuals you have accredited – please refer to Sage Partner Hub for further details.
- At our discretion we may increase the users following a conversation with our Partner Enablement team.
- Customer data must not be restored into any demonstration sites at any time.
- As the Azure subscription is owned by the Partner, Sage are unable to provide details, or complete security questionnaires for customers deployed in this environment. Partners should build this readiness.
Sage 200 (All Variants) Partner Demo sites - Setup Process
Technical Support/Developer services are unable to setup & provision demo/test sites for you, but once set up we can help with any maintenance or parameter questions, subject to our usual support boundaries.
The following articles give information on other processes you may need to complete. Please refer to the workbook provided as part of your accreditation for further details where needed.
- How to amend an online database size
- How to create and assign users in Provisioning Portal
- How to review and remove users in Provisioning Portal
- How to create a new Sage 200 Extra Online site in Provisioning Portal
NOTE: Please refer to our FAQ article for more information.