This article is designed to assist Business Partners with common useability queries regarding Sage 200 Extra Online. If your query relates to the security, location or maintenance of data, please refer to this article.
For frequently ask technical support queries and common problems click here
What are the benefits of Sage 200 Extra Online?
- A low up-front cost, no hardware such as servers or SQL licences required and is subscription model – software as a service (SAAS) so is easy to budget.
- As you don't need to maintain your own server you know that the hardware is always up to date.
- Secure automatic and on demand backups plus the ability to save your backups externally.
- Simple scalable solution with the option to increase or decrease users and compute as need arises.
- Trusted industry specialists manage your data and industry security standards of ISO/IEC 27001:2005 in Microsoft Azure North Europe Data Centre.
- 24/7 99.9% service availability with the option to access from anywhere with an Internet connection.
- Rapid implementation and disaster recovery as well as upgrades .
- Click once app that users can install, no need for IT administrators to manage servers, domains etc.
- As at 18/02/2015, Microsoft Azure had been available for 99.95% of the last year.
- Microsoft Azure is compliant with EU Data Protection Directive (95/46/EC).
Can all Business Partners sell Sage 200 Extra Online?
- Yes, as long as they meet the criteria outlined below.
- Complete a suitable business plan for Sage 200 Extra Online.
- Be able to offer monthly direct debits to customers.
- Have completed training and accreditation requirements for Sage 200 Extra Online.
- Have a plan to retain customers on a monthly subscription model.
- Provide appropriate PR e.g. a press release when you join the programme/case studies/quotes from your first customers to sign up.
When does the Business Partner pay Sage?
- Partners are invoiced at the start of the month for the future month’s usage; charges are applied pro-rata where necessary during the month and debited (or where necessary, credited) on your next bill. Direct debits are taken on the 16th of the month.
How to migrate from Sage 200 Extra to Sage 200 Extra Online?
- There is a migration tool to migrate customer data from Sage 200 Extra to Sage 200 Extra Online. Other pre and post-migrations checks should also be considered. For further information about migrating to Sage 200 Extra Online, please refer to this article.
What is the process if a customer wants to transfer to another partner?
- The customer must send written notification to Sage advising of the move from their current Partner to their new Partner, providing the names of both. Written notification will not take effect in the current billing period but in the relevant billing period (most likely the following month). Sage will check that the new Business Partner is accredited for Sage 200 Extra and inform the old Business Partner of the transfer to allow time to discuss customisation's etc. Sage will re-link the customer at the appropriate time.
What security standards does Sage 200 Extra Online meet?
- We’ve worked in conjunction with Microsoft to build the best online solution possible for your business. The Sage 200 Extra Online application runs on the Microsoft Azure platform, which is hosted from data centres managed and operated by Microsoft Global Foundation Services (GFS). These data centres comply with key industry standards, such as ISO/IEC 27001:2005 for security and reliability.
Which data centre do we use?
- We use Azure North Europe data centre in Dublin. The secondary data centre is located in The Netherlands.
What is Compute?
- Compute is a measure of the processing power resource that is allocated to an individual instance of Sage 200 Extra Online. Additional compute may be required for systems larger than 4 users or that have a large number of transactions or add-ons.
More information on compute can be found here.
How many backups are included?
- Automated rolling backup includes the last 7 days, last month and last annual backup. On top of this, 5 manual backup spaces are available these can be used for on demand backups or for moving automated backups in to. You cannot buy more backups but you can download your data to a local drive at any time.
How do I amend a site to increase or decrease users, companies or add modules?
How do I download and restore backups?
How do I reset my password for Sage 200 Extra Online?
- You can do this by going to Sage Provision Portal and selecting 'Forgot your password?'. You will then be emailed a code that allows you to reset your password.
Can I restore online data in to SQL?
- Yes. Once you have downloaded a copy of the data from Sage Provision Portal you can then import the data into Microsoft SQL Management Studio. To do this, within Management Studio, go to Databases, right click and choose Import Data-tier Application, then browse to the bacpac file. For help downloading a bacpac file, please refer to this article.
What functionality is different to our on-premise solution?
- Certain modules are not available in Sage 200 Extra Online. These include Manufacturing, Business Intelligence and Sage 200 CRM. There is also no archiving feature available.
Can Sage 200 Extra Online be customised?
- Yes, in the same way as Sage 200 Extra, add-ons can be applied, menus can be customised and reports can be altered or designed from scratch. For further information about customising reports in Sage 200 Extra Online, please refer to this article.
How do I upgrade a Sage 200 Extra Online site in Sage Provision Portal?
- Please refer to this article. Please remember to remove any add-ons that are installed before upgrading the site.
How can I test a sites' Internet speed?
Can e-banking be used with Sage 200 Extra Online?
- Yes, you simply need to install the component within the program. Fore more information, please refer to this article.
Can Nominal Link be used with Sage 200 Extra Online?
- Yes. You will need to install the component by selecting Tools > Installers > Install Nominal Link Components.
How do I create a new customer site in Sage Provision Portal?
How do I create and add users?
How to Suspend and Resume a site in Sage Provision Portal?
- You may need to suspend or resume a site if all users are experiencing connection issues or server errors - this 'hard resets' the server. To do this, ensure all users are logged out of the application, login in to Sage Provision Portal then browse to the site and click Suspend.Once suspended, refresh the page and click Resume. The site will show a status of resuming. This process usually takes about 15 minutes to complete. Once the status of the site shows as Ready, users can log back in to Sage 200 Extra Online.
Can Sage 200 Extra Online be used over WiFi?
- Yes, so long as your Internet speeds meet those outlined in this article.
Can Sage 200 Extra Online be used on a tablet device?
- Yes. Please refer to this article.
Can Excel Reporting be used with Sage 200 Extra Online?
- Yes. This needs to be enabled in Sage Provision Portal. To check this, go to Amend Site, click Next and ensure Sage 200 Online Excel Reporting is ticked and select Finish.
Can I get a local copy of a Sage 200 Extra Online report or layout?
- Yes you can. First, you need to preview the report in the program then browse to C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\Sage\Sage200\sage\REPORTING. Within here, you will be able to obtain a hard copy of the .report or .layout files.
Can Web Users record Timesheets and Expenses using WTE?
- Yes, web users can logon to the Sage 200 Web client.
How to uninstall Sage 200 Extra Online?
You can remove the Sage 200 Extra Online App and System Administration App via the 'Uninstall A Program' option within Control Panel but some files and folders are left behind. The App itself is installed into the location C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0. Unless there are more ClickOnce apps other than Sage 200 Extra Online on the PC in question, all the folders can be deleted from this location. For the following locations, files and folders can be removed if the name begins with 'Sage'.
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files
Can I upload custom reports or layouts to Sage 200 Extra Online?
- Yes they can be uploaded via an SDBX add-on.
Scripting errors when accessing Workspaces?
- This can often be resolved by clearing a user’s temporary Internet files and cookies from Internet Explorer then re-launching the app. If the issue persists, please refer to Microsoft knowledgebase article 3308260.
Errors when running all reports or trying to open Sage Report Designer?
- This is often caused by the latest version of Report Designer not being installed. To resolve this, please download the latest version of Report Designer from my.sage.co.uk.
Why will the Sage 200 Extra Online App not download?
- This is often caused by the latest Windows updates not being installed or an out of date browser being used. Please ensure Windows updates are installed and your browser is up to date then retry downloading the app.
Can Sage 50 Accounts be installed on the same PC as Sage 200 Extra Online?
- No. This is not supported as it can cause scripting errors when launching the app and issues with Report Designer. To completely remove Sage 50 Accounts, please refer to this article.
Import bacpac failed error when creating a new company from a bacpac in System Administration?
- This is often caused by an earlier version of SQL being used to create a bacpac. Please ensure you are using Microsoft SQL Management Studio 2012 Service Pack 2. If the bacpac has been downloaded from Sage Provision Portal, you may experience Known Issue 5790. Details of this can be viewed on the Known Issues Database.
Sage Business Partners can now log new cases online!
If you're unable to find the help you require from our online resources, log a new case with us without having to use phone or email. Simply select 'Manage your cases' from the dashboard or visit my.sage.co.uk/cases.