How to unallcoate payments and credit notes from invoices. You may need to do this to
- Edit or delete (void) an invoice to which you have allocated a payment or credit note
- The payment or receipt has been incorrectly allocated
How this works
Unallocating a transaction just means that you remove the link between an invoice and the payment. You may want to do this if you have matched a payment to the wrong invoice, or when you need to edit or delete the invoice.
- We update the invoice and show it as unpaid
- We save the payment as a payment on account so you can match it to another invoice
- The balance of your customer or supplier account remains the same
- The balance of your bank account is not affected
NOTE: Unallocating a transaction does not remove it from the bank reconciliation.