Once you set up a backup schedule, it's easy to manage your backups and see your check data results for all companies within the Backup Manager. If you're using Microsoft 365 integration you can also choose to receive email notifications when backups are made. Let's take a look.
TIP: We recommend you view the check data results regularly to ensure your data is error free. If any errors appear you should stop processing in the relevant company and fix the errors. To help with this, in Sage 50cloud Accounts v28 and above you receive a prompt if errors are found in your data.
View backups and check data results
- Log in with the manager logon name and password.
- On the menu bar click File, then click Schedule back up.
- Click the tab you require.
Here you can see a list of completed scheduled backups.
Sage 50cloud Accounts - If the backup is set to One Drive , the status of the upload appears in the OneDrive column:
- - The backup uploaded successfully to OneDrive.
- - The backup is still uploading to OneDrive.
- - The backup failed to upload to OneDrive.
You can delete old backup files if required:
- Manual - Select the check box for the backup you want to delete, click Delete selected backup files then click Yes.
- Automatic - In the Automatically delete backup files older than drop-down, click the relevant period.
To refresh the information that appears, click Refresh.
If you sync your data with Microsoft 365, you can set up email notifications to show the status of the backup and if there are any errors in your data.
- Open your software and log on using your manager logon and password.
- On the menu bar, click File then click Schedule back up.
- On the left side-bar, click Settings.
- Under Email notifications select the Enable email notifications check box.
- To add and remove email addresses to send notifications to, click Manage email addresses.
- Enter the email you want to receive the notification, then click Add.
To remove an email, select the check box next to the email and click Remove.
Repeat step 6 for any other emails, then click OK.
Your email notifications are now set up. For more information, please refer to our One Drive backup guide.
If your backups don't appear in Backup Manager or the backup folder, try the following:
- Check permissions on the backup folder.
- Check the backup folder isn't read only.
- Set up the scheduled backup on the server rather than the client.
- If you've multiple drives on your server, check them for the backup.
- If you've multiple drives on your server, change the backup path to another drive.
- Try disabling the antivirus software.
Did this help?
We're always looking to improve our content based on your feedback so if you found this guide helpful, you can easily let me know by using the options below.
Benefits for your employees above and beyond their payslips
We want to help your business where we can. That's why we are offering Sage Employee Benefits free to Sage customers for the first three months.