If an employee goes on holiday, you may want to process their pay as holiday pay.
Sage Payroll has holiday payment types for both hourly and salaried employees.
This article explains how to use these payments in Sage Payroll.
To add a holiday payment
At the Edit Pay stage of the pay run, complete the following steps:
- Select the employee.
- Select Add Payment, then Add a new payment.
- From the Payment Category drop-down menu, select Holiday Pay.
- From the Payment Type drop-down menu, select Hourly holiday pay or Salary holiday pay.
- Select Save.
- If using Hourly holiday pay. In the Quantity box, enter the number of holiday hours the employee is taking in the current pay run. In the Rate box, enter the hourly pay rate.
- If using Salary holiday pay. In the Rate box, enter the total holiday pay for the employee in the current pay run.
- Continue to process your employees’ pay details, and complete the pay run as normal.
NOTE: Adjust the employee’s normal pay to take into account the time taken as holidays during the pay run.