This communication was sent 22 October 2021.
Developer Update for Sage Partner Cloud Program
Notice 21-DG | 22 October 2021
Further to the recent Sage 200 Professional release in July, and the launch of the Sage Partner Cloud program, we wanted to provide you, our Developer Community, with an update.
Sage Partner Cloud program
The Sage Partner Cloud (SPC) program enhances our flexible deployment options for Sage 200 Professional.
The SPC program provides partners with a flexible path to migrate Sage 200 Professional on-premise customers quickly, and securely on to Microsoft Azure - but to ensure customers have the same functionality – it is vital that your applications work with the Azure environment as well.
To this end, it is essential that you test and confirm your application(s) work with deployments via the Sage Provisioning Portal. The following checklist details the steps to take:
- Attend our Sage University Training for the SPC program – this training course is free to members of the UKI Sage Developers Program.
- Understand the SPC Architecture with our Overview Document.
- The SPC program harnesses the Sage Provisioning Portal as the migration tool – for more information, read our whitepaper.
- Check out our Getting started check list for developers.
- Visit our dedicated Sage City site*.
- Find out how to get a demonstration site.
- Check out our Portal standards, guidance, and other FAQs.
* Access is granted upon completion of the training course.
We are aware that as some content on the Sage Partner Hub may not be accessible to all Developers, but watch this space, as we are busy creating new material to specifically support developers in connection with this program. All materials will be made available to Developers through the Sage City site.
- Get up to speed on the product and the new Sage Partner Cloud program.
- Test your solutions for compatibility with the new Sage 200 Professional deployment via the Sage Provisioning Portal.
- Announce your solution compatibility on our Sage City site.
As with all new releases, Technical Support is available and subject to our usual terms and support boundaries, you can find out more in the Developer Handbook.
Please also review the new Lifecycle policy document as key dates have changed.
In the first instance please visit our dedicated Developer section on our Sage Partner Cloud Forum – we very much encourage support from the wider developer and partner ecosystem.
Product Manager, Sage 200
Product Marketing Manager, Sage 200