The Sage Business Cloud Migration Tool can be used to validate Sage 50 Accounts datasets to make sure they will import into Sage Accounting, once validated you can then create a file to import into Sage Accounting.
If you haven't already, take a look at our Prepare to migrate guide to make sure you have your accounts in order and don't have any potential barriers that could prevent the migration. Read more >
To use the migration tool you must be logged on as Manager or Administrator. Unfortunalty the migration tool only supports UK based companies, but we are working on it, if you are an Irish based company you can follow our other migration options.
- Open Sage 50cloud Accounts and from the Company List, choose the company you wish to convert to Sage Accounting and click Open Company.
TIP: You can see the status of your company data for migration in the 'Sage Accounting migration ready?' column.
- Click File, Maintenance then click Validate.
- Once the Sage Business Cloud Migration Tool opens click Next, then, click Next.
- To make sure your migration is successful please enter the following:
Company details Enter required company details.
CAUTION: Please make sure you enter your full postcode e.g. NE139AA
Company Contents This information shows you the contents of your data. Approach Select the relevant approach:
- Transaction histories - includes all transaction from Account Start Date to the current date.
- Opening Balances - includes opening balances from current date.
- Account records only - includes customers, suppliers, chart of accounts and bank accounts but no transaction history.
you also have the option to Ignore any inactive accounts.
Dates Enter Years to migrate, we recommend entering two and to check the Opening Balances Date.
NOTE: you can migrate more than two years however, the chances of the migration failing will increase.
VAT Registration If required, enter your VAT details, and check the Tax Return Frequency.
CAUTION: When entering your VAT Number please ensure it has no spaces e.g. 012345678
Select Reference Sage Accounting can only include one invoice reference, therefore you need to select which reference you want to migrate.
- From the drop down list, choose the Chart of Accounts you want to migrate, then click Go.
TIP: If you've converted companies before, and have saved settings you want to apply, to load the file, click Load previous settings.
A confirmation window appears listing completed tasks and any items to review.
- To check the mappings and assignment of codes click View all items.
If required, you can edit the mappings and if you have errors or warnings, click the links to investigate further and allocate codes as required.
- Click Next.
- If required, you may need to resolve conflicts, you can do this manually, or click Auto-resolve conflicts, enter the relevant changes and click Apply.
- Click Next then click Download Data File.
- Enter a file name, browse to a known location, we recomend your desktop, click Save and OK.
You've successfully exported the Sage 50cloud Accounts dataset and you're now ready to import the file into Sage Accountant Partner Edition.