NOTE: This process is detailed in a Sage University video which can be accessed here.
TIP: Before starting this process you will need to have a Sage logon for the Sage Provisioning Portal which allows you to manager customers and products. If you do not have an account or login, speak to your account manager.
Adding an Azure Subscription
- Log into the Sage Provisioning Portal at the following link - www.sageerponlineservices.com.
- On the Partner page, click the 'Assign Subscription' button, the form below appears.
NOTE: You can navigate to the partner page by hovering over the Organisations menu and selecting Partners then clicking the name of your partner page.
- Enter the Identifier (Azure Subscription ID). If you are unsure of what this is, you must contact your Cloud Service Provider (CSP). If your CSP is Insight, please see the following link for contact information.
- Enter a name for the subscription and select a Region, whichever makes sense to your business, if users are going to be based in the UK, we'd suggest choosing North Europe.
- Once added, the subscription will display a status of PendingSetup, at which point an email will have been sent with further instructions.
NOTE: The email will come from [email protected].
Running the Powershell Script
After adding the Azure Subscription as above, an email will be sent to your email address with steps on granting delegated management permissions for the subscription to Sage.
- The email will include a link to download the PowerShell script, clicking this will load a page to grant permission before the files are downloaded via the web browser.
- Once the terms and conditions have been accepted, a ConfigureSageADIdentityAzureID.zip file will be downloaded
TIP: The PowerShell script can also be downloaded via the action buttons in the Sage Provisioning Portal Subscriptions section.
- Unzip the contents of this file on the PC.
- Navigate to http://portal.azure.com and sign into the Microsoft Azure account
- Select Directory + Subscription
- Select the Cloud Shell and from the dropdown menu select PowerShell, click Confirm to switch to PowerShell in Cloud Shell.
If this is the first time you've started Cloud Shell in Azure you will see this screen. Click on 'Create Storage' to continue. Once the process has completed (this may take a few minutes) move onto the next step.
- Click the Upload/Download files button.
- Select the Upload option and browse to the downloaded file that has been extracted.
- In PowerShell type 'dir' and press enter to confirm the file has been uploaded, you should see something similar to the below.
- As seen above on the last line, type './ConfigureSageADIdenitity-AzureSubscriptionID.ps1' press Enter
- You will receive a confirmation message of 'Do you want to continue' type 'Y' and press Enter to confirm.
- On completion make a note of the Azure ID credentials specific to your setup including the Tenant ID, Client ID and Client Secret
CAUTION: The above details will be needed further on in this process.
- To verify that the scripts ran successfully, login to the Azre Portal then complete the following steps:
- Click on Azure Active Directory
- Click on App Registrations
- Select All Applications
You should see you Sage application listed here.
CAUTION: This entry must exist in the Service Providers section before continuing onto the next step.
- At this point, return to the Sage Provisioning Portal and expand the Subscriptions section, you will see that the status remains as PendingSetup.
- Click the Setup Subscription icon shown below.
- Enter the Subscription information taken down in step 12 in the relevant boxes and click Accept.
- At this point, the Subscription status will change to SettingUp, this process can take up to an hour to complete.
TIP: You can use the Logs button found in actions to check the progress and view to troubleshoot setup issues.
- The status will change to Ready at which point you will receive an email that the subscription has been setup which will then allow you to add customers to the account.
Adding Users, Customers and Sites
Adding a New User
CAUTION: Users added must be a named individual. It is important to use named users, as it provides a clear audit trail of who has undertaken activity on your site or data. You should not create generic user accounts that can be used by more than one person. If we notice that generic user accounts are being used on a site, then the user account will be locked and one of our team will contact you to discuss your additional user licence requirements.
You should not use temporary or disposable email addresses for user accounts, such as Yopmail and Mailinator.
NOTE: Do not create new users or amend groups to which they belong directly in Azure as this can cause a problem with the user being assigned correctly to access the applications.
Within the Sage Provisioning Portal website, partners can add additional users to manage the account and support their customers. Clicking the Add User button will display the form below.
Partner Administrator - Performs billing and back office duties.
Partner Operations Agent - Operational tasks for a customer, such as creating a backup or creating a site.
Partner Support Agent - Support activities such as viewing logs and providing support to a customer.
Further information around users in the Sage Provisioning Portal can be found here.
Once a new user has been added, they will initially show a status of Inactive, they will have received an email asking to register with Sage, similar to the below.
Once this has been completed, the status will change to Active.
Adding a new customer
- Click Add Customer from the + icon top right on the website.
- Enter the customers details on the screen including Address, contact name and email
TIP: The email field will be used to contact the customer and create a new Sage account or register their current Sage account, this will be used as the main contact for the customer but can be changed at a later date once setup.
- Similar to the process earlier, the customers contact will show as Inactive until they have registered their Sage account via the instructions emailed.
- Once the main contact has been setup, more users can be added, this can be carried out by the partner or the customer setup as the main contact.
TIP: More information around the customer user types can be found here.
Creating a new site
- Within the Partner details page on the Sage Provisioning Portal, expand the Customers section and click the Customer Name.
- From within the Customer Details screen, under Operations select the Add Site option.
- Select the options required for the customers setup, these may differ from the ones selected in the example below.
- On the Product parts section, select the number of users required for the site and modules.
NOTE: CRM and Manufacturing are not available via Partner Cloud deployment.
- Clicking Finish will produce the message of 'All steps were completed you will be notified when the site creation process has finished', and the site will show a status of PendingAcceptance. Once this has completed, an email will be sent to the customer contact to inform them that a site has been created requiring them to accept terms and conditions to continue. Once the customer has accepted these, the business partner will receive an email to advise the site is ready for use.
- The partner can then inform the customer that the site is ready by using the Site Ready option shown below. The customer will receive an email to let them know that the site is ready to use. The customer can then add new users themselves via the Provisioning Portal.
- Once the new Users have been added and are Active they can be assigned to the site by the customer contact from the site page, shown below.
- Users who are asigned to the site will receive an email advised they have been granted access to the site along with a link to download the Remote Desktop Application for Windows Virtual Desktop.
- A second email is sent also with the user login details required to log into Windows virtual desktop. This includes a temporary password which will need to be changed on first use.
- Once the user runs the installer, they will be presented with the screens below, simply follow the instructions within the installer.
- Launching the application after install will present the user with a Let's get started screen, the user will need to click Subscribe here.
- This will require the user to login with their Azure Active Directory email address and temporary password provided via a link in an email.
TIP: This email will contain .onmicrosoft.com in it.
- The screen below may appear and it is down to user preference whether they wish to have the system automatically log into other apps.
- Once the user has received a 'You're all set' screen and the application has launched, they will see a screen like below with the Sage 200 Desktop app. SessionDesktop and Sage200Admin will only be available to users who have been granted access to these apps.