Before you integrate Sage 50cloud Payroll with Sage HR Online Services, there are some checks you must do.
1. Check you have your Sage account login details:
2. Admin user email address
The person who first sets up Sage HR Online Services through Sage 50cloud Payroll becomes the main admin user. This admin user will have full access to both Sage HR Online Services and Online Services Settings within Sage 50cloud Payroll. They have the ability to add additional admins in Sage HR Online Services, but only they have access to control additional admin's visibility of other employees' payslips and P60s.
- The email address you use for the admin profile must not be used for on an employee record in Sage 50cloud Payroll - this is to avoid the main admin profile being merged with an employee profile, which can cause problems going forward.
2. Get your employee data ready
Sage 50cloud Payroll pushes through four critical fields for the employee into Sage HR Online Services:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Start date
For any additional information that you need to enter into the employee's record in Sage HR Online Services, you can run a report from Sage 50cloud Payroll or manually enter it into Sage HR Online Services later.
3. Employee email addresses
An employee's email address is what they will use to log in to Sage HR Online Services. As a result, it is essential that you check the following regarding employees' email address:
- Ensure all email address in employee records in Sage 50cloud Payroll are accurate and up to date.
- Ensure the email address for the employee is not the same as the one you use to set up Sage HR Online Services - This one becomes the main admin user.
- Email address for an employee is unique for each employee. Don’t use a duplicate or shared email address.
- Email addresses are case sensitive in Sage HR Online Services, so ensure they are all lower case.
- We strongly recommend the email address used for an employee is one they want to use long term, as the process to change their email address means having to delete their profile an set them up again.
If an employee only has a personal email address which is considered unsuitable, we advise that they create a new formal email address and use this instead. This is because this email address could be made visible to other users depending on user levels and permissions that you set.
TIP: You can send out the Employee Details Verification Letter to your employees to confirm or update any details you hold about them, including their email address.
5. Best Practice: Starters and Leavers
Once Sage 50cloud Payroll and Sage HR Online Services are connected any new starters still need to be processed in Sage 50cloud Payroll the same way. Whenever you add any new employees into Sage 50cloud Payroll and upload their payslip, their data is transferred across to Sage HR Online Services, creating a new employee record.
NOTE: If you create an employee record manually in Sage HR Online Services first, their profile links with their record in Sage 50cloud Payroll the first time their payslip is uploaded, provided their email address is the same in both profiles.
Leavers need to be processed in both Sage 50cloud Payroll and Sage HR Online Services seperately.