NOTE: This process is to only be carried out by accredited Sage 200 business partners.
This process should allow you to move a 200 Professional database into the Sage 200 Standard software. As there is a significant difference in configuration options between the two variants, it is important that the process is followed through fully to understand whether your customers database is suitable to move into the Standard software, this article will give a comparison between the software. If a customer is using a feature which is available in 200 Professional but isn't in 200 Standard it wouldn't be suitable to migrate to that vartiant.
- This process is an initial beta and is reliant on configuring the Sage 200 Professional database to match the settings of our Sage 200 Standard variant. The Sage 200 technical support team will attempt to help with issues found during the process but can't provide assistance if the customer has been using a feature which can't be migrated as outlined in the feature comparison article, we would suggest exporting and importing data into 200 Standard in this instance.
- For issues experienced during or after the migration process, we would expect troubleshooting to be carried out including checking our knowledgebase and known issues database prior to contacting the 200 support team as per the business partner handbook.
- The migrated database needs to be setup in a UAT (User Acceptance Testing) environment prior to going live so the customer is confident there aren't any missing features which are imperative to their day to day processing. The 200 support team would not remotely connect to a live environment to try and resolve issues due to a failed migration.
- If you require further assistance with the migration process it's likely we will need a copy of the database sent into support and this must be a backup taken prior to any changes being made from the migration document, as always, any unsolicited databases sent into support will be deleted. Only send in a backup if you have been requested to by the 200 support team.
The following articles have been created to support in the migration process.
- Compatible Features - This article gives an overview of the features available between the two variants and whether migration is possible.
- Preliminary Steps - Configuration that must be applied in 200 Professional prior to migration.
- Migration Steps - The steps to migrate the database into the 200 Standard software. This is only to be followed once the two articles above have been completed.