- Log in to Sage 50cloud Payroll.
- Click Company, then Online Services Settings.
- There will be a list of steps. Next to step 6, click Go to portal.
- Enter your email address, then click CONTINUE TO SIGN IN.
- Enter your Sage account email address and password, then click Log In.
- Once logged in, click your email address in the top-right hand corner, then click Settings.
- On the settings menu, click Permissions, then click Employees.
- Select the relevant option:
- Employees can see all other employees from ALL teams - Only access to full names and contact details, not access to actual profile pages.
- Employees can see all other employees from just THEIR team
- Employees can only see their own information - Does not apply to managers - NOTE: Set as default.
- If required, select whether you want employees to be able to see team managers even if they are part of a different team.
- If required, select whether you want employees not to be allowed to see email addresses - this does not apply to managers.
NOTE: Employees who are not direct managers or team managers will not be able to see their colleagues emails. Managers are able to see emails of their direct reports and team members only.
If you have the Leave Management module, there are some extra permission settings to consider - Read more >
Select what dates employees can request time off for:
There are also some other time off settings to consider:
- If you don't want employees to see the hierarchy of your business, clear the option Allow access to Org Charts.
- If required you can allow employees to still be able to access payslips after they have been terminated in Sage HR. You can choose for them to be able to access payslips either 7 days, 30 days, or 1 year after their termination.
- If relevant select Enable access to Info Card in Directory, then select one of the following:
- Show direct manager's name in info card
- Show employment start date in info cards
NOTE: If you have Enable access to Info Card in Directory not selected, employees cannot see private information such as an employee's email or phone number.
- Decide wheher you want to allow employees to be able to send tasks to other employees.
- Choose what to allow your employees to edit:
- Employment status
- Profile picture
- Date of birth
- Date of visibility
- Click Save.
If you are setting up Sage HR Online Services for the first time, your next step is to import your employees into the portal.
Did this help?
We're always looking to improve our content based on your feedback so if you found this guide helpful, you can easily let me know by using the options below.
Benefits for your employees above and beyond their payslips
We want to help your business where we can. That's why we're offering Sage Employee Benefits for free to Sage customers for the first three months.