If you pay your employees weekly, fortnightly or four weekly and use PDX to send your pension data to Nest, you'll need to ensure the date ranges on your groups in Nest are aligned to tax periods for the new tax year.
Send pension data for the final 22/23 pay dateYou can send your pension data as normal for your last pay date of the 2022/2023 tax year on or before 5 April 2023.
Set up new groups on the Nest portal and transfer your employees
Next, log in to your Nest portal and check the date ranges on your groups are aligned to tax periods from the new tax year. For help with this, visit Nest support.
If the date ranges for each tax period are already aligned to tax periods in the new tax year, you don't need to take further action and can send your pension data.
If they're not aligned, you need to create new groups with the correct dates set. You can find guidance on how to set up a new group on the Nest portal from the Nest Employer help centre.
If you pay your employees weekly, it's important that when you set up your new groups in Nest, you set the pay frequency to tax weekly.
When you set up your new groups for weekly, fortnightly and four weekly, the first period of the tax year must use the following dates:
- Weekly - 06/04/2023 to 12/04/2023
- Fortnightly - 06/04/2023 to 19/04/2023
- Four weekly - 06/04/2023 to 03/05/2023
Once your new group is set up, you need to transfer your employees into it. You can find guidance on how to do this from the Nest Employer help centre >
We're unable to offer any support on using the Nest online portal. If you need any advice, please contact Nest directly.
Set up your new Nest group in PDX
Once your new Nest group is set up for the 23/24 tax year, you'll need to set this up in PDX.
Refresh your provider account in the Management Centre
Once your new group is in place with Nest you need to log into the management centre and refresh it, to search for and set up your new group.
- Click Company then click Pensions Module Settings.
- Click Open the Management Centre.
- Enter your Email address and Password then click Sign In.
- Click the Manage pension accounts tab.
- Select your Provider account and click refresh.
- When it's refreshed, click Please assign a company for the new group.
- Assign the pension scheme to the required company.
- Enter the date you last successfully sent pension data to your provider then click OK.
Import Pension Updates
If you've made any other changes to your nest scheme, such as you've set new contribution rates, you can import these changes.
If there are no changes to import, proceed to the send pension data and assign new groups section.
- Click Payroll then click Import Pension Updates.
- Click the Scheme Sync tab.
- From Schemes to match select the new group.
- From Schemes in your payroll software, select the pension scheme you want to match.
- Click Create Match.
- Click Apply updates.
Send pension data and assign new groups
- Update records for your first pay date in the new tax year.
- Click Payroll then click Send Pension Data.
- From Group Name, select the new group for each employee.
- Click Submit.
Error C8 occurs when you assign new employee groups and click to submit your data. Find out what to do if you see error 'C8 The pay frequency cannot be matched to that of a Nest Group' >
Simple, automated and all in one place Want to know more? Simply leave your details and we'll be in touch
Manage your employees’ taxable benefits easily and accurately, with online submissions to HMRC. Deadline for P11D submission is July 6 2023.
Simple, automated and all in one place
Want to know more? Simply leave your details and we'll be in touch