If you've registered with HMRC for Making Tax Digital (MTD) for VAT, before you can submit your VAT Return under MTD you must switch on the MTD feature in Sage 50cloud Accounts.
NOTE: If you create a new company in Sage 50cloud Accounts v27.2 or above, the MTD feature is switched on by default.
Before you switch on the MTD feature, check that you've:
- Submitted your last non-MTD VAT Return.
- Successfully registered with HMRC for MTD.
- Installed a MTD compliant version of Sage 50 Accounts - Check now >
Activate MTD for VAT submissions
- Open the company you want to switch to submit using MTD for VAT.
- Click Settings then click Company Preferences.
- Enter your password then click OK and click the VAT tab.
- Click the Enable Making Tax Digital for VAT submissions check box.
NOTE: If there's no check box, or a message advises you must subscribe to Sage 50cloud Accounts, check you're using MTD compliant software. Read more >
- Click Yes then click OK.
- Click File then click Exit to close Sage Accounts.
- Reopen Sage Accounts.
When you next submit your VAT Return it will submit under MTD.
Simple, automated and all in one place
Manage your employees’ taxable benefits easily and accurately, with online submissions to HMRC. Deadline for P11D submission is July 6 2023.
Want to know more? Simply leave your details and we'll be in touch