Create a purchase order
- Click Purchase Orders, then click Purchase Orders, then click Enter / Change Purchase Orders.
- Complete the following information:
|Supplier||Press F2 and select the relevant supplier.|
|Deliver To||Press F2 and select the appropriate delivery address.|
|Order No||When you save the order, TASBooks automatically generates the order number for you. |
To recall an existing order, press F2 and select it from the look-up list.
|Desc||Enter the relevant description. |
if you leave this blank, it will automatically default to Purchase Order.
|Order Date||Enter the order date.|
|Order By||If required, enter the details of the person that placed the order.|
|Supplier Ord No||Enter the supplier’s order number.|
|Exp Del Date||Enter the date you would like the goods delivered on.|
|Lead Days||The number of days before the expected delivery appear here. You can't edit this option.|
- On the next available line of the entry grid, enter the product's details as follows:
|Product Code||Press F2 and select the relevant product from the look-list.|
|Description||Enter a description if required.|
|Qty||Enter the number of the product you want to order. |
To enter a credit on a sales order or debit on a credit order, enter a negative value here. The total value of the order cannot be less than 0.00.
|Unit Price||Enter the price of the product.|
|Disc %||If requried, enter any discount percentage you receive for this product.|
|V||Enter a different VAT rate for the product if applicable.|
|Net Amt||The total value of the order for this product appears here, excluding VAT.|
- Repeat step 3 for each individual product line you want to include on the order.
- Click the Supplier Details tab.
- If required, you can amend supplier details, for example, to have goods delivered direct to a customer:
- To deliver goods directly to a customer's address, select Drop-Ship to Customer Deliver Address from the Destination drop-down list. Press F2 and select the relevant customer from the look-up list.
- To deliver goods to an alternative address, click Alternative Delivery Address. Then press F2 and select the relevant address from the look-up list.
- Click Save, then click Yes.
- Click Cancel.
Print or email the purchase order
Once you've entered the purchase order, you need to print it and send to your supplier. Read more >
Receiving goods from purchase orders
Once you receive your order you must mark the stock as being delivered. Read more >
Create a purchase invoice
Once you have received the goods you will need to enter the purchase invoice when you receive it. This option will update the supplier accounts, the purchase daybook and the stock account in the nominal ledger. Read more >
To view a purchase order enquiry
You can use this option to view details of a particular purchase order and see which of the goods that were ordered at this time have been received and which are still outstanding.
- Click Purchase Orders, click Purchase Orders, then click Purchase Order Enquiry.
- Click Supplier code and select the relevant supplier from the look-up list.
- Click Purchase Order No: and select it from the look-up list.
- To include the delivery address, select the Include Address check box.
- Choose the destination for the report from the drop-down list, then click Print.
- Click Cancel.
Purchase order reports
The following reports are available to help you manage your purchase orders. Read more >
Dealing with overseas suppliers
It's important when setting up records for suppliers based overseas, to make sure you've recorded certain information. In Maintain Suppliers (option 311), make sure you've set up the supplier with the correct VAT Type and VAT Registered status. If the supplier is VAT registered, choose the relevant country code in the VAT Number drop-down list.