Before you install it, you should check that your computer meets the recommended system requirements.
Before you start
If you already have Sage APA installed, we strongly recommend you rebuild your data to maintain its integrity as per the installation instructions
- Ensure all other users are logged out of Sage Accounts Production Advanced.
- Take a full system backup, click How to perform a backup
- Click Tools, then CDB Rebuild.
- Click Rebuild CDB.
Check your current version
If you're upgrading from an earlier version, you may need to update in stages. To check this:
- On the menu bar, click Help.
- Click About.
- Check the version number.
Install your software
- Launch the file you downloaded
- Wait for the white screen to appear and click Install, then click Next.
- Read and accept the software licence agreement, then click Next.
TIP: You can only install and use the software if you acknowledge that you have read and accept the software licence agreement.
- Read and acknowledge the important notice, then click Next.
- Select Standalone, then click Next.
- To review your advanced options, select both check boxes, then click Next.
- Choose your installation folders. You can use the default location (c:\hc) or choose a new one by clicking Browse.
- To create a desktop shortcut, select the check box, then click Next.
- Leave the country settings and customisation code as they are, unless you have a customisation code, then click Next.
TIP: It is unlikely you will have a customisation code as this is an old option within Sage APA that is no longer supported
- Review the settings that will be used in the installation. For a standalone install the locations should all reference the C drive. Click Back to change any of your previous choices or click Install.
If you're upgrading from an earlier version you need to repeat the steps in this section until your software is up to date.
Activate your software
- Open Sage Accounts Production Advanced.
- Enter your Firm Name.
- Click webchat to get the LOC code to licence your software.
- If you require instant access you can run the software in demo mode which will give your 6 hours usage before you need to licence.
Benefits for your employees above and beyond their payslips
We want to help your business where we can. That's why we are offering Sage Employee Benefits free to Sage customers for the first three months.