It's easy to take a backup of your company data and it's a good idea to do this daily for each company to protect your data. You should also back up before routines like a Year End or a VAT Return in case you need to restore back.
It normally only takes a few minutes to complete, but if you have a large amount of data, don't worry if it takes a little longer.
Create a quick manual backup
- Open the required company and click File, then click Back up.
- Note the suggested file name or edit the name as you require.
- Click Browse, locate where you want the file to be saved, then click OK.
This could be a certain folder you want it in, your computer's desktop, a USB stick, server etc.
- The company's data is backed up by default, if you want to back up other files such as reports and layouts, select them from the list or choose Select all file types to include in backup.
We recommend backing up data every day but layouts and reports can be backed up less frequently.
- Click OK, then if prompted to check your data, click Yes, then click Close.
- Click OK.
You've now successfully backed up your company's data. This means you can restore your data back to this point at any time if you need to, giving you peace of mind.
To get the most out of your software you can set up automatic backups, this will save you time and give you peace of mind. Find out how >
Did this help?
We're always looking to improve our content based on your feedback so if you found this guide helpful, you can easily let me know by using the options below.