Before you install
It's always better to be safe than sorry so let's back up your data.
Also, let's make a note of where your current software is installed. This might come in handy later.
- Open Sage 50 P11D.
- Click Help, then click About...
- Click System Information, then click Application.
- Make a note of your installation directory.
- Click General and check your version number.
If your version starts with 26, good news you've already installed the software update. If it's v25 or below, you should download and install v26 by following the steps in the next section.
Another good idea before you start would be to get your Sage 50 P11D serial number and activation key to hand. If you're not sure what these are, you can follow our help guide to get them online Find out how >
Download Sage 50 P11D v26
- Close Sage 50 P11D and all other Sage software you have open on your machine.
- Click the link below:
Download Sage 50 P11D v26 update >
- When the Download complete window appears, click Close.
Install Sage 50 P11D v26
- Double-click Sage50P11Dv26.exe
- From the Sage 50 P11D v26 Welcome window, click Next.
- Click Accept Licence.
- Follow one of the below options:
CAUTION: It's really important that you change the destination folder name if you're upgrading from an older version of P11D. If you don't, your older version will be overwritten. Read more >
If you're upgrading from an earlier version of Sage 50 P11D. Click Browse, then change the destination folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\Sage 50 P11D v26, then click Next. If you're installing for the first time. Click Next.
- Check your settings, then click Next.
- To complete the installation and restart your computer, click Yes. Or to restart later click No.
Restore and upgrade your data
- Open Sage 50 P11D v26.
- Enter your serial number and activation key. and click Next.
- Select Create New data, then click Next.
- Click Next, then Finish.
TIP: The default user name is Administrator and there is no password.
- Restore a backup of your data.
The user names and passwords are transferred to the new version so you can enter your usual details to log in.
- To start the upgrade procedure, click Yes, click Next then click Finish.
- To start the recalculation, click OK then click OK.
What's new in v26
As well as updating legislation and fuel rates for 2020/2021 tax year, we've also added some new features. Find out more >
Benefits for your employees above and beyond their payslips
We want to help your business where we can. That's why we are offering Sage Employee Benefits free to Sage customers for the first three months.