Sales invoices track customer purchases, their owed amounts, and payment due dates.
In Sage Accounting, you can email or print created invoices for customer distribution.
Create your sales invoice
- From Sales, select Sales invoices.
- Select New Invoice. Enter customer details, the date the invoice was created and is due for payment.
- Make sure you add an invoice address if the customer contact record doesn't have one.
- Add the details for what you're selling.
- If you've set up product or service records, choose the name of the item from the Product/Service box, then complete the details for quantity and unit price etc.
- If you just want to add the details to the invoice as you go, enter a description and fill in the details for the quantity, unit price, etc.
At the bottom of the invoice, you have some options:
|Saves and closes the invoice.
|Click the checkbox to save as a Draft or Pro-Forma invoice.
TIP: Draft and pro-forma invoices don’t update your accounts until you convert them.
|Save & Email
|Amend the text as required then click Send.
|Save & Print
|Depending on your browser, the invoice opens in a new window or tab, and you can print it from your browser menu.
|Save & New
|Saves and closes this invoice, then opens a new invoice.
Use Quick Entries to swiftly record sales invoices from another system or manually. Add them for multiple customers simultaneously.
Quick Entries are ideal for efficiently processing sales invoices in Sage Accounting when you only need to input transaction values.
Quick entries are great for speeding up processing, but you can't use them for the following:
- Recording product information
- Printing invoices
- Recording foreign currency transactions
You can use the Customise menu to jump to customisation settings. This saves you time when trying to customise invoices for your business.
You can also preview it by selecting Preview document from the New Sales Invoice page.