This communication was sent 08 January 2021.
Essential Software Maintenance Sage 200 Professional
Notice 21-E | 08 January 2021
We’d like to let you know about some product updates we have planned over the coming days. We appreciate that this may cause some disruption, we apologise for this and hope to keep this to a minimum.
The changes will not impact all customers.
What does this mean for customers?
Updates may need to be made by customers following Sage’s updates to ensure services aren't disrupted. The steps required are straightforward and will depend on whether the customer uses certain functionality. They will also vary depending on a customer’s Sage 200 version.
What are the upcoming changes?
Postponed Accounting for Republic of Ireland:
Our What's New communication outlined that we would build postponed accounting into the Sage 200 Professional 2020 R2 version.
As the legislation has now been ratified by the Irish Government, we will remotely activate the functionality on 11th January in a maintenance window between 20:00 and 00:00. There will be no disruption to customers and the new functionality will apply to all future installations.
Sage 200 Intrastat Declarations
We’ve identified an issue that prevents Intrastat Declarations from being run for dates on or after January 2021. This issue affects all versions of Sage 200 (v4 to present).
We are providing updates to the following software versions:
- Sage 200 2016 SP2 Remastered Version
- Sage 200 Summer 2017 & Remastered Version
- Sage 200 Winter 2017
- Sage 200 Spring 2018
- Sage 200 Summer 2018 & Remastered Version
- Sage 200 Winter 2018
- Sage 200 Spring 2019
- Sage 200 Summer 2019
- Sage 200 2020 R1 / Sage 200 2020 R2
Customers on versions prior to 2016, who use the Intrastat functionality, will need to upgrade, either to a remastered version alongside the update or to the remastered 2020 R2 edition. This is in line with our lifecycle policy.
We are investigating workarounds for customers on versions prior to version 2016, or who are not in a position to apply the update before their next Intrastat Declaration. We will provide a further update shortly.
Sage 200 Menu
For Sage 200 Professional 2020 R2 we’ve identified an issue where users are unable to add items or reports to the menu. We’re taking the following action:
- For Sage 200 2020 R2, we are preparing an update that can be applied to customers who have already installed this build.
- We will also replace the Sage 200 Professional 2020 R2 download on our website with a version that contains this fix. Please ensure new installs and upgrades to the Professional 2020 R2 version are done utilising the updated version we provide.
When will the software be available?
- 2020 R2 new build will be available by 11 January 2021
- All variant updates will be available by 15 January 2021
Got a question?
Please speak to our Customer Services Team in the first instance.
Product Manager, Sage 200