Help us drive improvements. If you find this article useful, you can let us know now >
The latest release of Sage 50 Accounts / Sage 50cloud Accounts is now available, with new features to help you process under the new EU One Stop Shop and Import One Stop Shop schemes. We've also introduced legislative changes and usability improvements for VAT and additional support for commercial invoices.
Sage 50cloud Accounts
- OSS/IOSS Reporting - If you sell goods or services to EU B2C consumers and plan to register for the UE One Stop Shop and Import One Stop Shop schemes, the new OSS/IOSS Reporting feature helps you manage this. You can set up relevant tax codes, flag invoices and orders for OSS/IOSS and set country and scheme information. You can then use the new OSS/IOSS reports to collate the information you need for your EU VAT Return. Read more >
- VAT improvements - We've made a series of improvements to help when dealing with VAT:
- VAT Label name changes to reflect the HMRC changes from 1 April 2021. We've also updated the VAT reports to reflect these changes.
- Making Tax Digital (MTD) - New companies are MTD-enabled by default, and non-MTD VAT submissions are now blocked in line with HMRC changes from 1 April 2021.
- A new tax code to make it easy to post non-UK zero rated purchases when you're not using postponed accounting.
- Improvements for postponed accounting when using a Flat Rate VAT scheme.
- Postponed accounting values now included in the VAT XML file for Ireland VAT Returns.
- Commercial invoice support - You can now record EORI numbers and Incoterms on your customer and supplier records and these are included on the commercial invoice and order layouts.
- Ongoing usability improvements with improved messaging around user management and Remote Data Access.
- Sage Accounting migration - If you're an accountant using Sage 50cloud Accounts Client Manager, it's now easy to check if your client's data is suitable for transfer to Sage Accounting. Read more >
Sage 50 Accounts
- Customer and supplier records - You can now record EORI numbers and Incoterms on your customer and supplier records.
- Ongoing usability improvements with improved messaging around user management.
How to download and install v27?
For more information and to access a download, take a look at our install guide.