After you select the dates to furlough your employees, you can select the employees you're furloughing.
Which employees should I select?
When you complete the steps in the module, if your employees have different furlough dates in the claim period, you should only select those employees you're running the calculation for.
Flexibly furloughed employees
If an employee is being flexibly furloughed, then you need to provide the number of hours they would normally be expected to work in the furlough period and the actual number of hours they will or did work in the furlough period. We've added two new columns in this step to record these.
As the furlough period is spilt up into tax periods you may need to enter a pro-rated number for the Normal Hours Worked. The Actual Hours Worked should always be the actual hours the employee has worked, in each tax period within the furlough period.
To help you calculate the amount of normal hours and actual hours you need to enter, we've put together some examples. Check the examples >
Fully furloughed employees
You should leave the Normal Working Hours and Actual Working Hours as zero and the employee is then calculated as fully furloughed for that period.
- Click Company then click Job Retention Scheme.
- Next to Choose the employees you'd like to furlough, click Do it now.
- To show leavers (optional), select the Show leavers check-box.
- Select the required employees, then click Expand All.
- To select all employees, select the check-box within the header row, then Expand All.
- In the Employment Type drop-down list, select Variable Pay, Fixed Pay or Manual.
- The employment type that you select affects the claim calculation. You should only select manual if you want to enter your own amount for an employee in the assessment. For more information on employment types, check our calculate pay for furloughed workers guide.
- If an employee is being flexibly furloughed, enter the Normal Working Hours and Actual Working Hours.
- If the employee is not working any hours, leave both blank and they will be calculated as fully furloughed for that period.
- To print the screen for your records, click Print.
- Click Save.
You can now select the payments and deductions to assess >
Still need help?
|Join our multiple award nominated support channel Sage Q&A Live, Mon - Fri 9am-5pm. Get an answer within minutes if not seconds. Click here to join now >||
Disclaimer: This article provides general rather than specific guidance to assist all of our customers. We always do our best to make sure that the information is correct but as it's general guidance, no guarantees can be made concerning its suitability for your particular needs. The information is valid at the time of publishing and is provided without any warranty of any kind, express or implied. You should take professional advice if you require specific guidance on your individual circumstances, for example to ensure that the results obtained from using our software comply with statutory or regulatory requirements. For Employers, PAYE, NIC and general tax enquiries you should call the HMRC helpline on 0300 200 3200 or visit their website at www.gov.uk In no event will we be liable to you for any direct, indirect, consequential or incidental loss or damage arising out of or in connection with your use of the information provided.