CAUTION: We strongly recommend if you are setting up Sage HR Online Services for the first time, that you customise your employee permissions in Sage HR Online Services before uploading historical payslips - Read more >
You can upload historical payslips at any time, and upload any dating back to November 2014. It is useful to do, for example, if an employee requests a copy of their payslip from an earlier processing period. Or, you may have forgotten to upload payslips for your current period.
You can also upload historical payslips as a way to import an employee into Sage HR Online Services. This is because the first time you publish employee payslips, they receive a welcome email inviting them to start using online payslips.
The employees details imported when you publish payslips for the first time include:
- First name
- Last name
- Work email address
- Start date
NOTE: To ensure the details match with Sage 50cloud Payoll, these details are locked once imported and can't be changed within Sage HR Online Services. To change them they need to be amended in Sage 50cloud Payroll. They update in Sage HR Online Services the next time payslips are uploaded. Read more >
- Log in to Sage 50cloud Payroll, click Company.
- In the Task menu, click Online Services Settings.
- Next to Step 5 within Online Services Settings, click Do it now.
- Select the date range you want to upload payslips from.
- Click Next and select the relevant employees.
- Click Next and confirm the number of payslips for each employee.
- Click Publish Payslips.
Payslips publish immediately, there's no option to schedule them at a later date.
- Once the payslips are published sucessfully, you can click Access Online Services.
- Enter you email address and click CONTINUE TO SIGN IN.
Did this help?
We're always looking to improve our content based on your feedback so if you found this guide helpful, you can easily let me know by using the options below.
Benefits for your employees above and beyond their payslips
We want to help your business where we can. That's why we are offering Sage Employee Benefits free to Sage customers for the first three months.