This communication was issued 18th November 2019.
Sage 200 registrations and move to subscriptions: action required
Notice 19-BC | 18 November 2019
We recently contacted our partners about the importance of ensuring customer records are accurate, to ensure that correct service delivery information is provided to our partners and customers. Thank you to all partners who've responded so far.
Following a review of your feedback and the results of our investigations, the following changes will take place with immediate effect.
IMPORTANT: It's essential to understand that once a customer registration has moved to subscription, registration changes cannot be made. We will no longer be able to issue older version Sage 200 keys, MMS or Line 100 strings.
To ensure we minimise disruption to customers, we've identified customer sites where prior version keys have been generated in the last 12 months. We'll be contacting partners to understand what the customer needs moving forward, before their licence moves over to subscription service.
Please ensure that you review your entire customer base as part of this renewal process change, to ensure that records are correct moving forwards.
It's essential registrations are reviewed quickly, and we appreciate your support in doing so.
Below is an overview of the changes you need to be aware of:
Sage 200 Test & Recovery
- We'll change our T&R licence to become a valid licence and this new serial number, rather than that of the live site, will need to be used on test sites.
- When undergoing an upgrade, the T&R licence will be upgraded to the new version and the live registration will remain with the old version number.
- Once the upgrade is undertaken you will need to contact us with a signed EULA and we'll change the live registration to allow the Sage licence service (SLS) to take over.
- We've prepared FAQs to help with questions you may have and prepared scenarios to bring the answers to life.
Sage 200 Registration - using Line 100 or MMS
It is essential we understand plans moving forwards for any customers registered, but not using, Sage 200 and still processing in Sage MMS or Sage Line 100.
There are 3 scenarios:
- Customer requires a historical key
- Customer has a planned upgrade to Sage 200 by 30 September 2020
- Customer has no planned upgrade
Please see our FAQs for details on what this will mean for theses customers and the actions you need to take.
Sales, Marketing & Service Registrations
It's essential we understand which customers are using a linked CRM variant and what type of connection applies. This could be either:
- Sage 200 with integrated Sage 200 CRM
- Sales, Marketing and Service variant of Sage 200
Our sales team should have recently been in touch to request that this is checked and reported back to us.
These enquiries are very important to ensure that pricing, key generation and integration are uninterrupted during the move to subscription.
Downgrades on customer licences
Should a customer downgrade an attribute (e.g user or module), then reinstate it at a later date - in all cases, once a customer has moved to a subscription the attribute and associated service will be charged at RRP.
What do you need to do?
Your account managers and our loyalty team will be reaching out to anyone who has asked for a prior version key, however its essential that all version numbers are correct, so we'll be asking you to validate your customer base.
Please prioritise customers based on their renewal date, starting with December 2019 renewals; their version details need to be confirmed no later than 25 November 2019.
Deadline dates for renewals to end of this financial year are as follows:
- January & February 2020 renewals - please let us know by 09 December 2019
- 01 March 2020 to 30 April 2020 renewals - 06 January 2020 or earlier
- For 01 May 2020 to 30 September 2020 renewals - 06 April 2020 or earlier