Announcing the retirement of Graphical Planner for Sage 50 & Sage 200 Manufacturing
This notice has been sent to you as a Sage Business Partner who sells and/or supports one of the following products:
- Sage 50 Manufacturing Controller
- Sage 200 Manufacturing
It specifically applies to users of the optional Graphical Planner element.
Please forward this notice to relevant people within your company.
The version of Graphical Planner shipped with the Sage Manufacturing products has not changed significantly for a long period of time.
Siemens (Preactor), the software vendor, is no longer maintaining the Sage variant of Graphical Planner and has instead focused development on alternative software offerings.
- With immediate effect, Graphical Planner will enter .
- Effective immediately it is not available as an option to purchase or activate within Sage 50 or Sage 200 Manufacturing.
- All software support from Sage will cease on 30 September 2019.
- No direct support is available from Siemens.
What does this mean to customers?
For existing Manufacturing customers:
- Who have never used the Graphical Planner component - it's no longer available to activate, nothing further changes with their product.
- Who currently use the component - please assess the need and complete the by 11 April 2019 to request an extension key that will allow the software to work with maintenance until 31 October 2020.
As a member of our Partner channel, it's essential that you undertake value added conversations with customers using this software component. Through these interactions, you can help them to understand the options available to them and make an informed decision for their business. We're aware of enhancements the manufacturer has made to product alternatives.
To support you with your conversations, you can use our essential to see the options available for yourself and your customers.
If you have any questions, please refer to our FAQ document, or speak to your account manager.
Benefits for your employees above and beyond their payslips
We want to help your business where we can. That's why we are offering Sage Employee Benefits free to Sage customers for the first three months.