In Sage Accounting there are two different types of clients:
- Participating clients who require log in details, to run their day to day accounts.
- Non-participating clients who do not require login details because you manage their data.
By default, when you migrate your client from Sage 50 Accounts to Sage Business Cloud Accounting, they are set up as non-participating.
This gives you the opportunity to check their books are on order before inviting them to log in. Follow the steps below to grant your client access.
You can find out more about managing clients in the Help Centre.
- Locate the client on the Client list and click the Subscribed Service e.g. ACCOUNTING PLUS
- Go to Settings, then next to Customise, click User Management.
- Click Invite User then in the Details section, enter your client's email address.
- If necessary, you can set User Permissions for your client, including read only.
- Click Save.
- An activation email is sent to your client to activate their account and create a password. The email addresses you invite shows in the Manage Users section.