Check if you have a week 53
If you pay your employees weekly, two weekly or four weekly on Monday 5 April 2021, you'll have an extra pay run at the end of the tax year. The extra pay run is commonly known as week 53.
If you pay your employees monthly, you don't have a week 53.
Process your final pay period
There are several key tasks you must carry out in order to process your final payroll and ensure all of your year end values are correct:
- Process, assess and update your final pay period for all pay frequencies in the 2020/21 tax year.
- Process any leavers who left on or before 5 April 2021.
- Send your full payment submission FPS as usual, on or before the date your employees receive their pay.
This isn't your final submission for the tax year. You make the final submission when you process your year end.
- If required, you should also submit your employer payment summary (EPS) from month 12.
If you intend to send paper copies, you can now use our new feature to print your P60s onto plain paper in Sage Instant Payroll v19.
To make sure you don't miss a thing, here are some dates for your diary this year end:
- 5 April: Last day of the 2020/21 tax year.
- 6 April: First day of the 2021/22 tax year.
- 19 April: Deadline for the final submission of the 2020/21 tax year.
- 31 May: Staff employed by you on 5 April 2021 must have their P60s.