Before you request a Direct Debit payment, ensure you have an outstanding invoice waiting to be paid on your customer account.
TIP: As well as requesting a single payment for an invoice, you can also request payment over a number of instalments, for example for monthly subscriptions.
- Click Customers then click the required customers you want to request payment for.
- On the toolbar click Request DD payment.
- In the Manage Direct Debit window, click the invoices you want to request payment for.
- Click Request payment, then click Submit.
The customer now receives confirmation from GoCardless that a request for payment has been made.
- Click OK.
The Status column should now show as Pending submission.
What happens next?
- The Status of the payment will update to Paid, the next working day after the charge date.
In the unlikely event that the status shows as Failed, follow these steps >
- Your funds deposit into your bank account two working days after the charge date, between 2-5pm. The Status should now show as Settled.
If the charge date falls on a weekend or Bank Holiday, the payment will charge to the customer on the next available working day.
TIP: To refresh the status, click Refresh status.
- Once the payment is settled, this means it's included in a payout from GoCardless to your nominated bank account.
- To post the transactions in Sage 50cloud Accounts, you now need to process any settlements.
For details of when you will receive your payments from GoCardless, please visit GoCardless - Receiving Payouts.
Did this help?
We're always looking to improve our content based on your feedback so if you found this guide helpful, you can easily let me know by using the options below.
Benefits for your employees above and beyond their payslips
We want to help your business where we can. That's why we are offering Sage Employee Benefits free to Sage customers for the first three months.