This article explains how to install Sage Corporation Tax on a single computer.
Before you begin
- Check that your computer meets the recommended system requirements.
- You must ensure that you have installed all of the latest Windows updates on each computer.
- If this is an upgrade, take a full system back up. To do this, click File, then click Full System Backup, choose your backup location in the Save As window and click Save.
Install your software
- Browse to where you saved the download then to run it, double-click the file, then click Run.
- Click Next, Read and accept the licence agreement, then click Next.
- When the pre-install checks are complete, click Next.
- Select whether this is a new install or an update.
- If this is a new installation, select the local drive you want to install the software files to then click Next .
- If SQL is already installed, the installation detects the available SQL instances. Select the SQL instance you want to use.
If the install can't find an existing SQL Server, or you want to install a new instance of SQL Server Express, select the second option, then select the drive you want to install SQL Server Express on.
- Click Next , then click Install .
- When the installation is complete, click Next , then click Finish.
- If you're upgrading from an earlier version, repeat the steps in this section until your software is up to date.
Activate your software
- Open Sage Corporation Tax.
- Enter your Sage account number and your postcode. You can also enter your serial number if you have it available.
- Click Licence Now.
- If you want to postpone licensing the software, click Licence Later.
You get an initial 30-day trial period of the software when you install it for the first time.