Once you've set up Pensions Data Exchange it's easy to submit your pension data to your The People's Pension online account. Let's run through the steps now.
The People's Pension portal only accepts one submission per pay run. Before you send your pension data, check that you've updated records for all employees being paid in the period you're sending the data for.
When you're ready to send your data, follow the steps below.
- Click Payroll, then click Send Pension Data.
- Send Pension Data opens on the To Send tab, check that all employees have the correct Group assigned.
- Check the values are correct, then click Submit.
- The Awaiting Confirmation tab appears, you can click this tab to check the status of your submission.
- You can click Close while your submission goes through and use other areas of your software.
- To check back on the status of your submission, click Payroll then Send Pension Data at any time.
TIP: When a submission is completed, your software automatically moves it into the History tab.
Send Pension Data tabs
When you open Send Pension Data you may see up to four tabs, depending on the status of your submissions.
Click the options below to learn more about each tab.
- To Send >
This shows you the submission details ready to be sent, including employees joining or leaving the scheme, as well as pension contributions.
You can also assign a Group to employees in this tab.
- Awaiting Confirmation >
You can check the status of your submissions in this tab.
Bear in mind that The People's Pension has set opening times, any submissions made outside of their opening hours may not be processed until the next working day.
- History >
Each submission you send to TPP using Send Pension Data automatically appears in this tab.
To search for a specific export, enter a date range in the search boxes and click Search dates. To view more information about a particular export, click View details.
- Errors >
If there's an error during your submission, you can find the details in the Errors tab.
Depending on the issue, you may be able to resolve it in this tab. For other errors, you may need to close this window and make changes in your payroll software.