Install from the command prompt
Try to install Sage 50 Forecasting from the command prompt:
- 32-bit operating system - Press the Windows key and press X then click CMD Prompt as Administrator.
64-bit operating system - Browse to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 then right-click cmd.exe and click Run as administrator.
- To change directory to where the download file is saved type CD <> for example, CD C:\USERS\JOHN.SMITH\DOWNLOADS then press enter.
- Type the file name SG50SFF2007WEB.EXE and press enter.
If the issue persists
- Restart the computer and log in as an administrator. If you are unsure about how to do this, please contact your IT support.
If possible, log in as a different administrator, this helps to test for restricted access on the first set of login details. On Windows Vista and above, you can run the installation as administrator. For a CD installation > Start > Computer > right-click the CD drive > Explore > right-click setup.exe > Run As Administrator.
Also, the administrator account that is created by default is normally hidden. You can unlock this accounts as follows:
- Start > Run > type CMD > right-click > Run as admin > type net user administrator /active:yes > Enter.
The administrator account is now visible when you restart the computer. To turn the administrator account off, replace active:yes with active:no.
If you're not sure, please contact your loacl IT support.
- Ensure that you've checked for, and installed, any applicable updates for Windows.If you're unsure about how to do this, please contact your IT support.
- Using your anti-virus software, perform an anti-virus scan, if you're unsure how to do this, or ad-ware is found, please contact your IT support and remove any ad-ware found.
- Temporarily disable your antivirus software when installing the software. Internal note: You must not disable the customer's antivirus on their behalf. If they are unsure how to disable their antivirus, or unsure whether to do it, refer them to their local IT support.
Sage cannot accept liability for any issues that result from turning your antivirus software. If you are unsure whether to disable it, please contact your local IT support.