You may want to do this for a number of reasons, for example importing information from another system or to save time by importing records as a batch.
Records you can import
You can import the following information into TASBooks:
- Customer records and groups.
- Supplier records and groups.
- Product records and groups.
- Nominal groups.
- Nominal Chart of Accounts records.
You can also import transactions into TASBooks by following a different process.
Before you import
Before you start importing transactions into TASBooks, you must take a backup of your data and have a CSV or TXT file that contains the transactions you want to import.
The import file
You must enter the following information on your file in the correct order.
Import your data
- From the TASBooks Company Manager, select the company you want to import transactions into.
- From the menu bar, click Company, then click Import Data.
- Enter the login details of a supervisor user, then click Authenticate, then click Next.
- Select the type of import from the drop-down menu.
- Click Browse, then locate and select the import file, then click Open.
- Click Next.
- Enter the delimiter you want to use to separate the fields. For example, a CSV file would use select Comma.
- Select First Record Holds Field Names if your file contains a row for headings.
- Click Next, enter a name for your mapping, then click Next.
- Choose how you want to map each field on the import file in TASBooks. You must map at least the mandatory fields shown at the bottom of the window.
- Click Next.
- Select how you want the import to proceed if certain situations occur, then click Next.
- Click Import.
- If required, click View Import Log File to print out the import log.
- Click Finish.