To produce remittances, you need to select the supplier you want to pay and the invoices to be included for payment on the remittance advice. You can also include the supplier’s credit notes on a remittance advice.
Using this option you can also edit or delete and re-edit remittance advices until the details are correct. Once you create remittance advices, you can print and email them. You can also use this option to print cheques.
Create remittance advices
- Click Purchase, then click Payments with Remittances then click Create / Delete Remittance Advices.
- Enter the date you want to start listing your outstanding invoices.
- Click Code and select the relevant supplier.
- Click Select.
A list of outstanding invoices appears.
- Select the invoices you want to pay in one of the following ways:
Control the amount of discount and or cash that will be allocated to each transaction Press the Tab key to move through the Allocated Discount and Allocated Cash Amount boxes To allocate the total amount of the item to the remittance advice Double-click on the invoice line that you want to add. To automatically allocate all the outstanding invoices for that supplier to the remittance advice Click Allocate All.
- Click Save, then click Yes.
- Continue until you've entered all the required payments for your suppliers.
Printing remittance advices and cheques
- Click Purchase. click Payments with Remittances, then click Print Remittance Advices / Cheques.
- Enter the date for the payment or cheque.
- Enter the starting and ending supplier for the remittances.
- Click Options, click Print Cheques and choose the appropriate option.
- Select one of the following options:
Use Standard Stationery Select this option if you want to print using pre-printed stationery, or on plain paper or letterhead. Use Microsoft Word Templates Select this option if you want to print using a Microsoft Word document.
- Click Print, then click Cancel.
Email remittance advices
You can email documents in either PDF or HTML format.
- Click Purchase, then click Payments with Remittances, then click Print Remittance Advices / Cheques.
- Enter the date for the payment/cheque.
- Enter the starting and ending supplier for your remittances.
- Click Options > select Use email, then click Print.
- Enter the required information on the email, then click Send.