If a customer sends you a cheque that bounces or is cancelled, you must record this correctly in TASBooks.
Enter the bounced cheque
- On the menu bar, click Sales, then click Enter / Change Journals, then click Enter / Change Customer Invoices / Debit Journals.
- Enter the following details.
Date Enter the date of the bounced cheque Type Select Bounced Chq. Customer Code Enter the customer code.
Alternatively, press F2 and select the customer.
Ref No Enter the bounced cheque number. Date Enter the date of the bounced cheque. Bank Select the customer's bank account. Net Enter the total value of the bounced cheque.
- Press the tab key, then click Yes.
Allocate the bounced cheque entry to the original receipt
- On the menu bar, click Sales, then click Receipts, then click Enter / Allocate Sales Ledger Receipts.
- Enter the following posting details.
Bank Select None (Existing Receipt) Code
Enter the customer's code.Alternatively, press F2 and select the customer.
- Double-click the receipt you want to allocate, then select the appropriate option from the Allocate Credit window.
- Allocate the receipt to the relevant invoice by double-clicking the invoice.
- Cllick Save.