Your business may have several bank accounts, in TASBooks you can amend the standard bank accounts, or create as many as you need, quickly and easily.
Create a new bank account record
- Click File, then click Assistants, then click New Bank Account.
- Enter the name of this bank account and select the correct Account Type.
- Enter the account holder name, sort code and account number.
- If this account has an opening balance, complete the following information:
Statement Date Enter the date of the statement you're taking the balance from. Account Balance Enter the account balance. For overdrawn balances or credit cards, enter a negative value.
- Click Next.
- Select if you would like to reconcile this account in future, then click Next.
- Press F2 to select an existing nominal code or type in a new code, then click Next.
- Click Finish.
Edit a bank account record
- Click Cash Book, then click Bank Accounts then click Maintain Bank Accounts.
- Select the relevant account, then click Edit.
- Complete the following information:
Description Enter a description of this bank account. Send Mail Depending on whether or not you want to send mail to this supplier, choose either Yes or No. Nominal Account Enter the nominal account number for this bank account. Nominal Desc Based on the nominal account you enter, the nominal description appears automatically. Reconcile Account Choose whether you want to check or reconcile this bank account. Account Details Enter the account type, sort code, account number, account name, BIC and IBAN. Bank Account Name and Address Complete these details, if applicable. Account status If this account is no longer in use, select this check box. ePayments and ePayments Service If you want to use the ePayments facility, select Enabled and choose your bank software from the drop-down list.
- Click Save.