This submission error is caused when associate 1 is used as a dimension on an iXBRL tag, but the tag for Name of associate has not been used. In this scenario the Name of associate tag must be used, otherwise the HMRC gateway will reject the submission with this 3315 error message.
The most common cause of this, when using Sage Assisted Tagging, is that the tag for Percentage of associate held has been used, with associate 1 selected in Dimensions.
- Run your iXBRL accounts again for this client from your accounts production software (Sage iAP, Sage AP, Sage APA).
- Choose Re-open previous file.
- Choose the Advanced tab.
- In the report viewer window, scroll down to the note to the accounts which contains information about associates. (Typically the Investments note)
- Highlight the name of associate 1.
- In the All available tags window, click on the plus sign to browse to the following location.
- Notes to financial statements and detailed disclosures > Information on subsidiaries, associates, joint-ventures and other participating interests and investments > Use the Search to search for the required associate.
- Click Name of associate.
- Click View/edit all.
- Use the drop down menu next to Associates and choose Associate 1.
NOTE: This example is for when the error relates to associate 1, if the error mentions a different associate then choose that dimension from the drop down menu.
- Click Confirm tag.
- Click Validate & generate iXBRL.
- Attempt to file to HMRC again.
TIP: If still get same error message when you submit again - Recreate new submission file by selecting override and create new. Then when on Step 5 click on Advanced tab and manually tag as above