If you are using Sage 50 Accounts in a Citrix environment, you can use the Sage 50 Accounts Virtualisation Configuration Tool to define the individual user settings.
This utility should only be used by employees trained in Citrix® Server or Server Administrators. Sage can support you downloading the required files and following the steps in this article, however we do not support general Citrix setup.
What does this tool do?
You can use the tool to define the location of the following files:
- The Company file - This tells the software where the data is located.
- The sage.ini file - This file stores configuration information such as column sizes.
- The application data.
- The report files.
The tool does not copy the files - it just defines the file locations for each user. You must copy the files manually to the required locations.
How do I use the tool?
- Log on as the required user on the computer that Sage 50 Accounts is installed.
- To download the Citrix Virtualisation Configuration Tool, click the link below:
- If prompted to save the file, note the file name, Citrix_Virtualisation_Configuration_Tool.zip then click Save.
Depending on your web browser, the file may automatically save to your Downloads folder. To view your Downloads folder, press Ctrl + J on your keyboard.
- Unzip the contents of the file downloaded onto your desktop and open the Citrix Virtualisation Configuration Tool folder.
- Double-click config.exe
- Complete the Sage 50 Accounts Virtualisation Configuration Tool window as follows:
- Version - Choose the required version.
- HKCU Locations tab - Enter the settings specific to the current user. Any settings entered here will override the settings in the HKLM Locations tab when you are logged on as this user.
- HKLM Locations tab - Enter the settings specific to all users. If any users require different settings, log in as the required user and define the required settings in the HKCU Locations tab.
HKCU stands for HKEY Current User and HKLM stands for HKEY Local Machine.
If you can't access either tab, this is probably related to the current user's permissions.
- If you want to delete any files that are currently stored in the specified folders, select the Delete check box. If you are not sure about this, we recommend that you leave the Delete check box clear.
- Click Apply then click Close and when prompted to save the changes, click Yes.
The computer registry updates with any changes to the file locations. You must now copy any required files or folders to the locations specified.
The setup can either use one central Company file or individual Company files for each user. In either scenario, the format of the Company file is the same as a regular Company file.
|Internet Explorer||Should be installed on the Citrix server to ensure that all windows display correctly within the software.|
|Crashes or freezing||In the event of a software crash, if there is no access to the Citrix desktop, you can't open Task manager to close the software. In this situation, right-click the Citrix icon in the system tray and log off.|
|Office integration||There may be limitations in the use of Email options in Sage 50 Accounts. This occurs because the software can be accessed from any computer and that computer may not hold the user's Outlook profile.|
|E-banking||The E-banking settings in Sage 50 Accounts must be configured so that the output file saves in a location the user has access to. The bank's E-banking software must be installed on the Citrix server.|
|CIS and VAT Return online submission||These features require the user to have access to an Internet connection. If the user has restricted access this may cause problems.|
Benefits for your employees above and beyond their payslips
We want to help your business where we can. That's why we are offering Sage Employee Benefits free to Sage customers for the first three months.