We recommend that you take regular backups of your data so if anything happens to your computer, or you make a mistake, you can restore the backup and continue processing where you left off.
Let's take a look at how to take a backup and restore it when needed.
Back up your data
Before you back up your data, you must ensure you are the only user logged in to the software.
- Click File, then click Backup.
- Click Next and ensure Data Files is selected, then click Next.
- To locate the appropriate drive or folder, click Browse.
- Click Next, then click Finish.
- Click OK.
Restore a backup
- Click File, then click Restore.
- Click Next, then click Browse
- Select the backup file from the location you backed up to.
- Choose the type of files to be restored, for example, Data Files, then click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Enter your user name and password, then click Login.
TIP: You must ensure that the user name and password you use to log in to Sage 50 P11D, are the ones that were in use at the time the backup was taken.
Backup and restore log
If you need to check where you have stored a backup, use the Backup & Restore Log report. This report lists backups and restores from Sage 50 P11D and includes the date, time, and the location the backup was saved to or restored from.
You can access the report by clicking File, and choosing View Backup & Restore Log.