A drill down is a link from a report that opens a web page, email, internet download or another report, layout, letter or label.
- Select the document you want to amend, then click Edit.
- Select the object you want to drill down.
- From the Properties pane select Drill Down then click the finder button
- Choose from the following options:
- None - No drill down specified.
- Open a report - Choose this if you want to drill down to a report.
- Open a web page - Choose this option if you want to drill down to a web page or an email address.
- Depending on the option selected in the previous step the Settings tab displays the following options:
Open a report
Open a fixed report file
Use this option to drill down to an existing report.
To add the path to the Settings tab, click the Browse button and browse to the required report, select the report and click Open.
Open the report file defined by the expression Use this option to create an expression to identify the report to be opened. Using this option you can drill to different reports depending on the information entered, for example on a customer report you could drill to a report specific to that customer's department.
Open a report
Go to a fixed web address
Select this option to drill down to a fixed web page, then in the text box, enter the URL, for example, http://www.sage.com
You can also use this option to enter a fixed email address as a link. When entering the email address, add mailto: at the beginning, for example, mailto:[email protected]
Go to a web address taken from the report data
Select this option to drill down to a value from the report data.
Click Edit and the Expression containing URL to launch window appears. From the list of tables and variables in the Fields pane, locate the variable you require, for example, SALES_LEDGER.WEB_ADDRESS, click and drag the variable to the left-hand pane then click OK.
Tip: You can also use this option to enter an email address from the report data as a link. Enter the email address using the format "mailto:"+Table.Variable, for example, "mailto:"+COMPANY.EMAIL
- Click OK.
- On the menu bar click File, click Save As.
- Enter a new file name then click Save.
- On the menu bar click File, then click Exit.
Simple, automated and all in one place
Manage your employees’ taxable benefits easily and accurately, with online submissions to HMRC. Deadline for P11D submission is July 6 2022.